-Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective sales and distribution strategy, across India including: organisations, supermarkets and retail outlets.
· Develop a Business Development Strategy that is able to deliver set targets including: sales margins, distribution network, market share, availability, etc.
· Develop and implement an effective and cost efficient distribution strategy that is able to ensure the availability of the company’s products in the key markets.
· Develop sales forecasts and budgets that are in line with the company’s overall business plan.
· Closely monitor and co-ordinate the implementation of distribution strategy ensuring that the sales team achieves set targets within given deadlines.
· Aggressively promote the company’s products in all key markets so as to ensure that market share growth targets are achieved.
· Design and execute trade promotions that spur business growth.
· Take a personal interest in key markets such as supermarkets and other large stationery buyers.
· Develop a keen understanding of the stationery market in respect to customer requirements, competitor offering and pricing; identify opportunities for introducing new products so as to enhance the company’s competitiveness.
· Prepare weekly and monthly reports on sales activities for management and board review to highlight both latent opportunities and challenges.
· Recruit, train, deploy and manage the performance of the sales team.